10th English Unit 3. Poem I am Every Woman Book Back Answers
10th Standard English Unit Poem I am Every Woman Book Back Answers. 10th English Lesson 3 Poem I am Every Woman Book Back Answers Solutions Guide Pdf Prose Chapter Poem I am Every Woman Book Back Answers Tamil Nadu State Board New Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations. 10th All Subject Book Back Answers.
10th Standard English Book Answers | Unit 3.2 – I am Every Woman
|innate (adj)||inborn and natural||பிறவியிலேயே, இயற்கையிலேயே|
|stake (n)||risk||இடர்மாற்றம் துன்பம் நிறைந்தது|
|sigh (v)||emit a king, deep audible breath expressing sadness, relief or tiredness||ஏக்கத்துடன் தெரிவித்தல்|
|mess with (p)||to tease or play a joke||குசும்புச் செயல் செய்தல், புலம்புதல்|
|prankster (n)||a person who acts mischievous||குறும்புக்காரன்|
|groans (v)||complaints and grumbles||குறை கூறுதல் மற்றும் பொறுமுதல்; புலம்புதல்|
A. Read the lines and answer the questions.
1. The summer of life she’s ready to see in spring.
She says, “Spring will come again, my dear
Let me care for the ones who’re near.”
- a) What does the word summer mean here?
The word ‘summer’ refers to the later part of life
- b) How does she take life?
she takes life with caution
- c) What does she mean by “spring will come again”?
she expects life to ‘bloom and blossom’.
2. Strong is she in her faith and belief.
“Persistence is the key to everything,” says she.
- a) What is she strong about?
she is strong about her views and opinions.
- b) How does she deal with the adversities in life?
She faces the adversities with persistence and hard work.
3. Despite the sighs and groans and moans,
She’s strong in her faith, firm in her belief!
- a) Is she complaining about the problems of life?
No, she is not complaiing about the problems of life. She is ready to face it.
- b) Pick out the words that show her grit.
“Strong” and “Firm” are the words that show her grit.
4. Don’t ever try to saw her pride, her self-respect.
She knows how to thaw you, saw you – so beware!
- a) What do the words thaw and saw mean here?
The word saw refers to belittle her pride and self-respect. The word thaw refers to get rid of pr destroy
- b) What is the tone of the author?
The tone of the author reflects admonition and warning.
5. She’s today’s woman. Today’s woman dear.
Love her, respect her, keep her near…
- a) Describe today’s woman according to the poet.
No, the poet is talking about the women of the present generation.
- b) How should a woman be treated?
A woman should be treated with affection, respect and with a friendly attitude.
B. Read the lines and identify the figure of speech.
1. A woman is beauty innate,
A symbol of power and strength.
She puts her life at stake,
She’s real, she’s not fake!
- a) Pick out the rhyming words from the above lines.
- b) Add another word that rhymes with it.
- c) Give the rhyme scheme for the above lines.
2. She’s a lioness; don’t mess with her.
She’ll not spare you if you’re a prankster.
- a) Pick out the line that has a metaphor in it.
- b) Give your examples of metaphor to describe the qualities of a woman.
She is all states, and all princes
3. She’s strong in her faith, firm in her belief.
a) Pick out the alliterated words from the above.
- b) Pick out other alliterated words from the poem
symbol. strength, summer, see, spring, says, sighs
C. Fill in with a word in each blanks to complete the summary of the poem. Use the help box given below.
Every woman is beautiful innate. She symbol is the of power and strength She is prone to put her life at risk. Every woman is true in expressing her love and she is never fake. She is very in persistent her approach even at times of adversity she finds a ray of hope and she continues to care for her near ones. She is the woman and she has no fear. She is forceful in her faith and beliefs.
She is never a quitter and she is optimistic; She is ferocious like a lioness; it’s better for the prankster to stay away from her. Never should one try to bring disgrace to her pride and self-respect for she knows how to thaw and saw them. She is today’s woman. It is dignified to love her respect her and to keep her healthier.
D. Answer the following in a paragraph of about 80 to 100 words.
1. How are today’s women portrayed by the poet?
Every woman, according to the poetess, is always beauty incarnate. She is a symbol strength. She encounters risks in her life. She is always ready to prepare for the future. Her persistence is the key to cross over groans and moans. She always keep self – respect in her dealings. So do not tease her. If you reprimand her, she will show her might prowess. Thereby the poetess say ‘one should keep Woman alive with love, respect and care.
2. What qualities have made women powerful?
Today’s women are beautiful, brave strong and resolute. They are always ready to face the negative situations with a bold and positive approach. They are ready to work hard. They always prepare themselves for the future. They are persistent in their efforts. They are capable of driving away brickbats and kickbacks. They really care about; their dear and near ones. They are the ones who are self-esteemed. Totally, their dignity, persistence, lovable nature them powerful.