1. What are fundamental quantities? Give an example.
2. The position vector and angular velocity vector of a particle executing uniform circular Motion at an instant are 2 î and 4 ĸ respectively. Find its linear velocity at that instant.
3. When walking on ice one should take short steps. Why?
4. What is radius of gyration?
5. State Newton’s universal law of Gravitation?
6. Explain red shirt and blue shift in Doppler effect
7. What is P-V diagram?
8. List the factors affecting the mean free path.
9. A metal cube of side 0.20 m is subjected to a shearing force of 4000 N. The top surface is displaced through 0.50 cm with respect to the bottom. Calculate the shear modulus of elasticity of the metal.
10. Check the correctness of the equation 1/2 mv2 mgh = using dimensional analysis
11. Define distance and displacement.
12. Why there is no lunar eclipse and solar eclipse every month?
13. State the law of conservation of angular momentum
14. What is coefficient of restitution?
15. During a cyclic process, a heat engine absorbs 500 J of heat from a hot reservoir, does Work and ejects an amount of heat 300 J into the surroundings (cold reservoir). Calculate the efficiency of the heat engine.
16. Why there is no hydrogen in the earth’s atmosphere?
17. Write down the factors affecting velocity of sound in gases.
18. If the length of the simple pendulum is increased by 44% from its original length, Calculate the percentage increase in time period of the pendulum.
19. Define angular velocity
20. State Wien’s law
21. Check the correctness of the equation v=u+at using dimensional analysis method.
22. Give any two examples of torque in day-to-day life.
23. Define frequency of simple harmonic motion.
24. A book of mass m is at rest on the table. Draw the free body diagram for the book.
25. Compute the distance between anti-node and neighbouring node.
26. Why the energy of a satellite or any other planet is negative ?
27. Calculate the energy consumed in electrical units when a 75 W fan is used for 8 hours daily for one month (30 days).
28. What is Reynold’s number ?
29. Define the term ‘degrees of freedom’
30. In a submarine equipped with sonar, the time delay between the generation of a pulse and its echo after reflection from an enemy submarine is observed to be 80 s. If the speed of sound in water is 1460 ms-1, what is the distance of enemy submarine ?
31. State Wien’s Displacement Law.
32. Define – gravitational potential.
33. What is simple harmonic motion ?
34. State Newton’s second law.
35. State conservation of angular momentum.
36. A particle moves along the x-axis in such a way that its coordinates x varies with time ‘t’ according to equation x=2−5t+6t2. What is the initial velocity of the particle ?