12th Chemistry Important Questions Unit 8 Ionic Equilibrium
TN 12th Chemistry Important Questions Unit 8 Ionic Equilibrium. 12th Chemistry Important Questions Chapter 8 Transition And Inner Transition Elements +2 Chemistry Important 2 Marks, 12th Chemistry Important 3 Marks, Chemistry Important 5 Marks Questions Based on reduced Syllabus 2021-2022. 12th Free Online Test (MCQs). HSC 12th Chemistry Revision Test Important Questions. 12th Tamil Full Guide.
12th Chemistry Important Questions Chapter 8 Ionic Equilibrium
8. Ionic Equilibrium
- 1. What are Lewis acids and bases? Give two examples for each.
- 2. Discuss the Lowry – Bronsted concept of acids and bases.
- 3. Indentify the conjugate acid base pair for the following reaction in
i, HS–(aq) + HF ⇌ F–(aq) + H2S(aq) ii, HPO42- + SO32-⇌ PO43- + HSO4–
iii, NH4+ + CO32- ⇌ NH3 + HCO3–
- 4. Account for the acidic nature of HClO4 in terms of Bronsted – Lowry theory, identify its conjugate base.
- 5. When aqueous ammonia is added to CuSO4 solution, the solution turns deep blue due to the formation of tetramminecopper (II) complex, [Cu(H2O)4]2+(aq) + 4NH3(aq)⇌ [Cu(NH3)4]2+(aq) + 4H2O, among H2O
and NH3 Which is stronger Lewis base.
- 6. The concentration of hydroxide ion in a water sample is found to be 2.5 ×10-6M. Identify the nature of the solution.
- 7. A lab assistant prepared a solution by adding a calculated quantity of HCl gas at 25oC to get a solution with [H3O+]= 4× 10-5 M. Is the solution neutral (or) acidic (or) basic.
- 8. Calculate the pH of 0.04 M HNO3Solution.
- 9. Define solubility product
- 10. Define ionic product of water. Give its value at room temperature.
- 11. Explain common ion effect with an example
- 12. Derive an expression for Ostwald‟s dilution law
- 13. Define pH
- 14. Calculate the pH of 1.5×10-3M solution of Ba(OH)2
- 15. 50ml of 0.05M HNO3 is added to 50ml of 0.025M KOH . Calculate the pH of the resultant solution.
- 16. The Ka value for HCN is 10-9 . What is the pH of 0.4M HCN solution?
- 17. Solubility product of Ag2CrO4 is 1×10-12 . What is the solubility of Ag2CrO4 in 0.01M AgNO3 solution?
- 18. Write the expression for the solubility product of Ca3(PO4)2
- 19. A saturated solution, prepared by dissolving CaF2(s)in water, has [Ca2+]=3.3× 10-4 M What is the Ksp of CaF2?. Calculate the pH of the resultant solution.
- 20. Ksp of AgCl is 1.8 ×10−10 . Calculate molar solubility in 1 MAgNO3
- 21. A particular saturated solution of silver chromate Ag2CrO4 has [Ag+]=5 ×10-5and
22. [CrO 2-] =4.4 × 10 M What is the value of K for Ag CrO4 ?
- 23. Write the expression for the solubility product of Hg2Cl2.
- 24. Ksp of Ag2CrO4 is 1.1 × 10-12 . what is solubility of Ag2CrO4 in 0.1M K2CrO4.
- 25. Will a precipitate be formed when 0.150 L of 0.1M Pb(NO3)2 and 0.100L of 0.2 M NaCl are mixed? Ksp (PbCl2)=1.2×10-5
- 26. Ksp of Al(OH)3 is 1×10-15M. At what pH does 1.0 ×10-3M Al3+ precipitate on the addition of buffer of NH4Cl and NH4OH solution?
- 27. Discuss the Arrhenius concept of acids and bases
- 28. What are the limitations of Arrhenius concept?
- 29. What are conjugate acid – base pairs? give one example?
- 30. Differenciate Lewis acids and Lewis bases?
- 31. How will you measure the Strength of Acids and Bases?
- 32. Derive the ionisation constant or dissociation constant of the acid.
- 33. Define the degree of ionisation or dissociation
- 34. The dissociation of a CH3COOH is suppressed in the presence of CH3COONa. Give the reason.
- 35. What are Buffer solution?
- 36. Mention types of Buffer solution.
- 37. Explain the Buffer action of the solution.
- 38. Derive Henderson – Hasselbalch equation
- 39. Derive the relationship between pH and pOH
- 40. How will you determined the solubility product from molar solubility?
- 41. Define Ostwald‟s dilution law
- 42. How will you determine strength of Acids and Bases?
- 43. Calculate the pH of 10-7M HCl
- 44. What are conjugate acid–base pairs? Give example.
- 45. 0.1M Solution of HF is weak acid. But 5M solution of HF is a stronger acid. Why?
- 46. The Ka value of HCN is 10-9. What is the pH of 0.4M HCN solution?.
- 47. Write pH value of the following
a) Vinegar b) Baking soda c) Black coffee d) Soapy water