12th Chemistry Important Questions Unit 2 p-Block elements-I
TN 12th Chemistry Important Questions Unit 2 p-Block elements-I. TN 12th Standard Chemistry Important 2 Marks, 12th Chemistry Important 3 Marks, Chemistry Important 5 Marks Questions Based on reduced Syllabus 2021-2022. 12th Free Online Test (MCQs). HSC 12th Chemistry Revision Test Important Questions. 12th Tamil Full Guide.
12th Chemistry Important Questions
Unit 2 p-Block elements-I
- 1. What is Catenation? describe briefly the catenation property of carbon.
- 2. Give the uses of silicones.
- 3. How will you prepare Borax
- 4. Explain the structure of Boricacid
- 5. Give the uses of Boricacid
- 6. Write the Action of heat on Boricacid
- 7. What is burnt alum
- 8. Give one example for each of the following
(i) icosogens (ii) tetragen (iii) prictogen (iv)chalcogen
- 9. Write a note on metallic nature of p-block elements.
- 10. Complete the following reactions
a. B(OH)3 + NH3 →
b. Na2B44O7 + H3SO4 + H2O→
c. B + NaOH→
- 11. How will you identify borate radical?
- 12. Write a short note on anamolous properties of the first element of the p-block.
- 13. Describe briefly allotropism in p- block elements with specific reference to carbon.
- 14. Give the uses of Borax.
- 15. A hydride of 2nd-period alkali metal (A) on reaction with a compound of Boron (B) to give a reducing agent (C). identify A, B, and C.
- 16. A double salt which contains fourth period alkali metal (A) on heating at 500K gives (B). aqueous solution of (B) gives white precipitate with BaCl2 and gives a red colour compound with alizarin. Identify A and B.
- 17. Write the Action of heat on Borax
- 18. Write the Action of heat on Potash alum
- 19. Mention the uses of Potash alum
- 20. Explain the structure of Fullerenes
- 21. What is the difference between Graphite and Diamond?
- 22. Explain the structure of graphene
- 23. Explain the structure of Carbon nanotubes
- 24. Mention the uses of Carbon nanotubes
- 25. What is Silcones and write its preparation?
- 26. How will you convert boric acid to boron nitride?
- 27. Form Aluminium to Thallium there is only a marginal difference in ionization enthalpy why?
- 28. What are the necessary conditions for catenation?
- 29. What are the anomalous properties of Boron from Boron group elements?
- 30. What are the anomalous properties of Carbon from Carbon group elements?
- 31. What are the anomalous properties of Oxygen from Oxygen group elements?
- 32. What are the anomalous properties of Nitrogen from Nitrogen group elements?
- 33. What are the anomalous properties of Fluorine from Halogen group elements?
- 34. Write the types of Silcones.
- 35. Write the Properties of Silcones