12th Chemistry Important Questions Unit 1 METALLURGY
12th Chemistry Important Questions Unit 1 METALLURGY. TN 12th Standard Chemistry Important 2 Marks, 12th Chemistry Important 3 Marks, Chemistry Important 5 Marks Questions Based on reduced Syllabus 2021-2022. 12th Free Online Test (MCQs). 12th Tamil Full Guide.
- 1. Explain Froth flotation
- 2. Explain Gravity separation or Hydraulicwash
- 3. What is Calcination?
- 4. What is Smelting?
- 5. Explain Magnetic separation
- 6. Explain the principle of the Froth flotation process
- 7. Explain zone refining process with an example .
- 8. Explain the following terms with suitable examples. (i) Gangue (ii)slag
- 9. Give the basic requirement for vapour phase refining.
- 10. Describe the role of the following in the process mentioned.
(i) Silica in the extraction ofcopper.
(ii) Iodine in the refining of Zirconium.
(iii) Sodium cyanide in frothfloatation.
- 11. Explain the principle of electrolytic refining with an example.
- 12. Explain Reduction by Hydrogen
- 13. What is the difference between minerals and ores?
- 14. What are the various steps involved in the extraction of pure metals from their ores?
- 15. What is the role of Limestone in the extraction of Iron from its oxideFe2 O3?
- 16. Which type of ores can be concentrated by froth floatation method? Give two examples for suchores.
- 17. Describe Mond process for refiningNickel.
- 18. What is anode mud
- 19. Explain Electrolytic refining of Silver
- 20. Write a note on Van-Arkel (method for refiningzirconium/titanium)
- 21. What is Roasting?
- 22. What is leaching?
- 23. What is blistered copper?
- 24. Explain electrolytic refining of Silver
- 25. Write one name for Oxide ores of the following metals a) Aluminium b) Iron c) Copper d) Zinc
- 26. Give one example for Ore, Frothing agent, collector, and depressing agent which are using in Froth floation.
- 27. Differentiate Roasting and Calcination.
- 28. Explain Reduction by carbon
- 29. Explain the Aluminothermic process
- 30. Explain extraction of copper
- 31. Write about distillation
- 32. What is the role of the depressing agents in Froth flotation process?
- 33. How is Cr2 O3 reduced to Cr by Al power?
- 34. Explain Cyanide leaching
- 35. Explain Ammonia leaching
- 36. Explain Alkali leaching
- 37. Explain Acid leaching
- 38. Write a note on auto-reduction
- 39. Write a note on Liquation
- 40. What is meant by the concentration of the ore