9th English Unit 5 Supplementary Little Cyclone: The Story of a Grizzly Cub
9th Standard English Lesson 5 Little Cyclone: The Story of a Grizzly Cub Solution
9th Standard English Lesson 5 Unit 5 Supplementary Little Cyclone: The Story of a Grizzly Cub Book Back Answers and Additional Questions and answers Download pdf. 9th English Samacheer Kalvi Guide Book in Answers. 9th Standard All Subject Guide Tamil Medium and English Medium. 9th English Important Questions. Class 1 to 12th All Subject Guide.
Lesson 5 : Supplementary – Little Cyclone: The Story of a Grizzly Cub
- stumpy : short and thick
- bawled : cried noisily
- procured : obtained
- prodded : dug, poked
- droll : curious and amusing
- pudgy : short and fat
- formidable : dangerous
- roistering : celebrating noisily
- stalked : walked stiffl y with pride
- saucy : cheeky, impertinent
- hazer : a person who drives cattle while on horseback
- confounded : confused
- ignominiously : shamefully
- conscientiously : carefully and meticulously
- feigned : faked, not genuine
A. Telling the Story Again.
Little Cyclone was a grizzly cub from Alaska. who earned his name by the vigour of his resistance to ill-treatment When his mother was fired at, they ran away as fast as their stumpy legs could carry them. The next day at sinrise the two orphans found themselves at the rough grasp of human hands. One of them escaped after a fierce and terrible fight, So the captor let him go. But the other cub was seized and taken to the Zoological Park. at New York. The Zoological Park had Bears Bursery Usually a newcomer is badly scared on his first day but grizzly bears are different. When the box was opened he stood up with courage and walked to stiffly with pride to the center of the stage, halted and calmly looked about him. Cyclone courageously met every attack real orfaked. In less than an hour all the other bears understood that Cyclone could strike quick and hard and other bear on three seconds notice. From then on Little Cyclone’s position was assured with respect and dignity.
B. Choose the correct answer
1. Little Cyclone is a grizzly cub who earned his name by his ____________
- appearance and behaviour.
- viguor of resistence to ill-treatment.
- speed and courage.
- escape from a cyclone.
Ans : viguor of resistence to ill-treatment.
2. The nervous captor let one bear go because ________________
- he was afraid of bears.
- he did not have proper equipment to seize him.
- the bear fought so fiercly.
- the bear escaped and ran away.
Ans : the bear fought so fiercly.
3. Little Cyclone was rescued by the ____________
- members of the Blue Cross.
- friendly hands of the Zoological Society.
- members of the National Zoo.
- volunteers from New York.
Ans : friendly hands of the Zoological Society.
4. Little Czar was a ___________
- good natured European brown bear.
- grizzly cub from Alaska.
- furry little Polar bear.
- North American black bear.
Ans : good natured European brown bear.
5. Little Cyclone will fight any other bear in ____________
- 10 minutes’ notice.
- 15 minutes’ notice.
- 03 seconds’ notice.
- 10 seconds’ notice.
Ans : 03 seconds’ notice.
C. Learn the following idioms on bears
|a. hungry as a bear||being very hungry|
|b. gruff as a bear||being unsociable, speaking in a very abrupt, rude way|
|c. take the bear by the tooth||put oneself in a dangerous position|
|d. as busy as a hibernating bear||remaining idle|
|e. a bear hug||put one’s arms around someone and hug them affectionately|
|f. a bear market||a period of time when investors are more likely to sell rather than buy shares|