12th Chemistry Important 1 Marks Transition & Inner Transition Elements
One Mark Study Material Unit wise as per reduced syllabus (2021-22)
TN 12th Chemistry Important 1 Marks Transition & Inner Transition Elements. 12th Chemistry Important Questions Chapter 4. +2 Chemistry Important 2 Marks, 3 Marks, 5 Marks Questions Based on reduced Syllabus 2021-2022. 12th Free Online Test (MCQs). HSC 12th Chemistry Revision Test Important Questions. 12th Tamil Full Guide.
Transition & Inner Transition Elements:
- 1. According to Spectrochemical series CO ligand produces strongest field and cause maximum splitting.
- 2. In dichromate anion Cr2O72– 6 Cr – O bonds are equivalent.
- 3. Nickel tetra carbonyl is tetrahedral, and paramagnetic this statement is correct.
- 4. In Chromyl chloride dissolved Sodium hydroxide solution gives yellow solution. The yellow solution contains CrO42-
- 5. Cd2+ ion of slat in white in colur.
- 6. For the 4 successive transitions elements [ Cr, Mn, Fe & Co ] the stability of +2 oxidation state will be there in this order Mn > Fe > Cr > Co
- 7. The Magnetic moment of Cr3+ is 3.87 BM
- 8. Equivalent weight of in neutral medium is 52.67
- 9. The transition element which has only +3 oxidation state is Sc
- 10. The actual position of Lanthanoids in the periodic table is at Group number 3 & Period number 6
- 11. Americium & Thorium pair of actinoids shows +2 Oxidation state.
- 12. Sc3+ forms colorless compound.
- 13. The lanthanoids contraction is responsible for the fact that Zr & Hf have almost the same radius
- 14. The UO22+ is yellow
- 15. The reagent used for detecting unsaturation Bayer’s reagent
- 16. The actual electronic configuration of lanthanide is [Xe]4f05d16s2
- 17. Transition elements that show anomalous electronic configuration in first series are Cr & Cu
- 18. The transition metal present in Vitamin B12 is Co
- 19. A mixture of TiCl4 & Trialkyl aluminium is Zeigler-Natta catalyst
- 20. Cold dilute alkaline KMno4 is known as Baeyer’s reagent.
- 21. The element corresponding to the electronic configuration [Rn]5f36d17s2 is
- 22. The common oxidation state for lanthanide is +3
- 23. The general electronic configuration of lanthanide series is [Xe]4f2-145d0-
- 24. The transition element present in Hemoglobin is Iron
- 25. If the standard electrode potential (E0) of a metal is Large and negative the metal is powerful reducing agent.
- 26. The catalytic activity of transition metal due to formation of variable oxidation state, formation of intermediate products, capability forming interstitial compounds.
- 27. Most of the transition metal ions coloured, because of the Presence of unpaired electrons, Energy gap between two energy levels is very small.
- 28. Increase in tendency to act as reducing agent is the wrong statement of lanthanide contraction.
- 29. Titanium metal is used in manufacturing artificial joints.
- 30. The highest possible oxidation state shown by Osmium in its compounds is
- 31. Cr3+ is the paramagnetic species.
- 32. The trend in ionization enthalpy of a transition element is not regular because removal of one electron alters the relation energies of 4s & 3d orbitals.
- 33. Oxygen stabilizes higher oxidation state because of its tendency to form multiple bond.
- 34. Among Ni, Mn, V, & Zr Mn exhibits highest oxidation state.
- 35. Ce(Z=58) & Yb(Z=70) exhibits stable +1 & +2 oxidation states respectively. This is because Ce4+ & Yb2+ acquire f7 & f14 configuration.
- 36. The following is Mno4– , CrO42-, Cu2o coloured due to charge transfer.
- 37. Zn2+ is not coloured because in outermost shell is completely filled.
- 38. The correct statement is upon strong heating paramagnetic gases are evolved by NaNO3 & AgNO3
- 39. The following statements is all metals except Sc forms ‘MO’ oxide
- 40. The complex compound act as oxygen transport of human is Hemoglobin
- 41. CrO3 is color spectra are due to Charge transfer spectra.
- 42. Molybdenum transition metal is applied in the manufacturing of boilers plants.
- 43. The correct reason for lanthanide contraction is neglible screening effect.
- 44. Ti3+(Z=22) ions will exhibit the maximum oxidation state.
- 45. Neptunium & plutonium exhibit the maximum oxidation state as +7
- 46. Value of magnetic moment of a divalent metal ion is 5.92BM. Total number of electrons in its atom would be 25
- 47. The electronic configuration of Scandium is [Ar]3d14s2
- 48. The general electronic configuration of d-block element can be written as
[Noble gas] n-1 d1-10 ns1-2
- 49. Europium is not belongs to d-block elements.
- 50. A magnetic moment of 1.73BM 2Ill be shown in [Cu(NH3)4]2+
- The magnetic moment of Mn2+ ion is 5.92BM
- 52. Yb2+ lanthanoid ions are diamagnetic.
- 53. The actinoid element show the highest oxidation state +7 are Np, Pu,Am
- 54. Sc(Z=21) is a transition element but Zn (Z = 30) is not because In case of Sc3+ and Zn2+ ions are colourless and form white compounds
- 55. La (OH)3 is less basic than Lu(OH)3 (Assertion), Covalent character of Ln(OH)3 decreases on moving from La3+ to Lu3+ (Reason) Ans. Both Assertion and Reason are false.
- 56. Ce4+ is used as an oxidizing agent in volumetric analysis. (Assertion), Ce4+ has the tendency of attaining +3 oxidation state. Ans. Both assertion & Reason are true and reason is the correct explanation of assertion.
- 57. How many moles of iodine are liberated when one mole of potassium dichromate react with potassium iodide 3
- 58. Ni2+ ions have the same no. of. Unpaired electrons as present in Vanadium ion.
- 59. Chromium has half-filled penultimate d – subshell as well as half-filled valence subshell.
- 60. The correct order of increasing oxidizing power in the series VO2+ < Cr2O72-