12th Chemistry 1 Marks Biomolecules
One Mark Study Material Unit wise as per reduced syllabus (2021-22)
TN 12th Chemistry 1 Marks Biomolecules. 12th Chemistry Important Questions Chapter 14. +2 Chemistry Important 2 Marks, 3 Marks, 5 Marks Questions Based on reduced Syllabus 2021-2022. 12th Free Online Test (MCQs). HSC 12th Chemistry Revision Test Important Questions. 12th Tamil Full Guide.
- 1. The 𝛼 –D Glucose and 𝛽-D Glucose differ from each other due to difference in carbon atom with respect to its. Configuration
- 2. Glucose molecule react “X” number of molecules of phenyl hydrazine to yield osazone. The value of “X” is three
- 3. In DNA, the complimentary bases are adenine, and thymine, guanine and cytosine
- 4. Glucose gives positive Fehling’s solution test.
- 5. 𝜶-D-(+)-glucose and 𝛽-D-(+)-glucose are anomers
- 6. Haemoglobin is a globular protein
- 7. Glycolysis is oxidation of glucose to pyruvate
- 8. The helical structure of protein is stabilized by hydrogen bonds
- 9. No. of. Chiral carbon atoms in 𝛽-D-(+)-glucose is five
- 10. Polysaccharides are carbohydrates which involve a large no. of. Monosaccharaides units linked to each other by oxide bridges. These linkages are called glycosidic linkages
- 11. D(-) Fructose rotates the plane polarized light towards left.
- 12. The correct order of names of four aldoses with configuration given below
.Respectively is D – erthyrose, D-Threose, L-Erythrose, L-Threose
- 13. Sucrose is a non-reducing sugar.
- 14. Glucose + HCN → product + H2O → product + HI + Heat → A, the compound A is
- 15. A solution of sucrose in water is dextrorotatory. But on hydrolysis in the presence of little hydrochloric acid. It becomes levorotatory. (Assertion). Sucrose hydrolysis give unequal amounts of glucose and fructose. As a result of this change in sign of rotation is observed. (Reason). Ans. If both assertion and reason are true and reason is the correct explanation of assertion.
- 16. In a protein, various amino acids linked together by Peptide bond.
- 17. Among the amino acid 2-hydroxymethylserine is a achiral amino acid.
- 18. The sugar component in RNA is ribose and the sugar component in DNA is
deoxyribose is the correct statement.
- 19. In aqueous solution of amino acid mostly exists in H3N+– CH® – COO–
- 20. The no. of. sp2 & sp3 hybridized carbon in fructose are respectively is 1 & 5
- 21. The secondary structure of a protein refers to 𝜶 –helical backbone
- 22. On hydrolysis of cellulose gives D – Glucose
- 23. Denaturation makes protein more active this statement is correct.
- 24. Grignard reagent , & sodium bisulphite does not react with glucose.
- 25. Glucose on oxidation with Br2/ H2O yields gluconic acid . This reaction confirm in the presence of aldehyde group in glucose
- 26. Ribose & 2- deoxyribose can be differentiated by Osazone formation
- 27. Glucose when reduced with HI and red phosphorous gives n-hexane
- 28. A – T, G – C is correct about H – bonding in DNA.
- 29. Sucrose does not give red color with Fehling solution.
- 30. Quinolone bases are not present in DNA.
- 31. A + HOH / H+ → glucose + fructose, B + HOH / H+ → glucose + glucose,
C + HOH/H+ → glucose + galactose. The disaccharides A,B,&C respectively are
Sucrose, maltose, & Lactose.
- 32. Carbohydrates will show mutarotation in Maltose
- 33. The pyrimidine bases present in DNA are cytosine & thymine
- 34. Fructose reduces Tollen’s reagent due to enolisation of fructose followed by conversion to aldehyde by base
- 35. Proteins are found to have two different types of secondary structures i.e. 𝛼- helix &
𝛽 – pleated sheet structure, 𝛼- helix protein stabilized by Hydrogen bonds
- 36. Folic acid is a protein is an incorrect statement.
- 37. Carbohydrates are stored in the body as glycogen and in plant as starch.
- 38. The protein molecules are made up 𝛼- amino acids which can be represented by R- C*H(NH2)(COOH)
- 39. Amino acids having both positive and negative charges this molecule are neutral and have amphoteric behaviour. The ions are called as zwitter ions.
- 40. Keratin, Collagen is an example of fibrous proteins.
- 41. Myoglobin is an example of globular protein.
- 42. The molecule without the phosphate group is called a nucleotide
- 43. Three major types of RNA are rRNA, mRNA and tRNA
- 44. Glucose is optically active four asymmetric carbons. Its solution is dextrorotatory and hence it is also called as dextrose.
- 45. Fructose is present abundantly in fruits and hence it is called as fruit sugar.
- 46. Disaccharides have general formula Cn(H2O)n-1
- 47. Lactose is a disaccharide found in milk of mammals and hence it is referred to as milk sugar.
- 48. Glucose is also called as aldohexoses. Fructose is also called as ketohexoses.
- 49. (C6H10O5)n (starch) + n H2O + H+ / 393K, 2-3 atm → nC6H12O6 (glucose)
- 50. RNA is found in large amount in cytoplasm and lesser amount in nucleus.