12th Chemistry Important Questions Unit 5 Coordination chemistry
TN 12th Chemistry Important Questions Unit 5 Coordination chemistry. 12th Chemistry Important Questions Chapter 5 Transition And Inner Transition Elements +2 Chemistry Important 2 Marks, 12th Chemistry Important 3 Marks, Chemistry Important 5 Marks Questions Based on reduced Syllabus 2021-2022. 12th Free Online Test (MCQs). HSC 12th Chemistry Revision Test Important Questions. 12th Tamil Full Guide.
12th Chemistry Important Questions
Chapter 5 Coordination chemistry
- 1. Write the IUPAC names for the following complexes. i) Na2[Ni(EDTA)] ii) [Co(en)3]2 (So4)3
- 2. Write the formula for the following coordination compounds.
a) potassium hexacyanoferrate(II)
c) pentaamminenitrito −_ −N-cobalt(III)ion
- 3. Arrange the following in order of increasing molar conductivity i) Mg[Cr(NH3)(Cl)5] ii) [Cr(NH3)5Cl] iii) [Cr(NH3)3Cl3]
- 4. Ni+2 is identified using alcoholic solution of dimethyl glyoxime. Write the structural formula for the rosy red precipitate of a complex formed in the reaction.
- 5. [CuCl4]-2 exists while [CuI4]-2 does not exist why?
- 6. Based on VB theory explain why [Cr(NH3)6]+3 is paramagnetic, while [Ni(CN)4]-2 is diamagnetic.
- 7. [Ti(H2O)6]+3is coloured, while [Sc(H2O)6]+3 is colourless-explain.
- 8. Give one test to differentiate [Co(NH3)5Cl]SO4 and[Co(NH3)5SO4]Cl
- 9. Classify the following ligand based on the number of donor atoms.
a) NH3 b)en c) ox2-d) triaminotriethylamine e) pyridine
- 10. Give the difference between double salts and coordination compounds.
- 11. Write the postulates of Werner‟stheory.
- 12. A solution of [Ni(H2O)4]+2 is green, whereas a solution of[Ni(CN)4]-2 is colorless – Explain
- 13. What is the coordination entity formed when excess of liquid ammonia is added to an aqueous solution copper sulphate?
- 14. On the basis of VB theory explain the nature of bonding in[Co(C2O3)3]3-.
- 15. What are the limitations of VBtheory?
- 16. Write the oxidation state, coordination number , nature of ligand, magnetic property and electronic configuration in octahedral crystal field for the complex K4[Mn(CN)6]
- 17. In what way complex salt differs from double salt.
- 18. Write a notes on Coordination entity
- 19. What are Central atom / ion?
- 20. What are Ligands?
- 21. Define Coordination polyhedron
- 22. What are Coordination number and Coordination sphere?
- 23. Outline the classification of Coordination complexes
- 24. Explain Main assumptions of Valence Bond Theory
- 25. On the basis of VB theory discuss the geometry and magnetic property in [Ni(CO)4]