12th Chemistry Important 1 Marks Surface Chemistry
One Mark Study Material Unit wise as per reduced syllabus (2021-22)
TN 12th Chemistry Important 1 Marks Surface Chemistry. 12th Chemistry Important Questions Chapter 10. +2 Chemistry Important 2 Marks, 3 Marks, 5 Marks Questions Based on reduced Syllabus 2021-2022. 12th Free Online Test (MCQs). HSC 12th Chemistry Revision Test Important Questions. 12th Tamil Full Guide.
- 1. When ∆S < 0 and T∆S is negative then adsorption is exothermic
- 2. Smoke is an colloidal solution of Solid in gas
- 3. Shape of the colloidal particles As2S3 – Spherical ,
- 4. Shape of the colloidal particles Blue gold sol is Disc (or) Plate like.
- 5. Shape of the colloidal particles Tungstic acid sol. Is Rod like
- 6. Lyophilic colloid example is sols of protein and starch
- 7. Arsenic sulphide is negatively charged colloid.
- 8. The blue color of the sky in nature is due to Tyndall effect
- 9. The migration of colloidal particles under the influence of an electric field is termed as Cataphoresis (or) Electrophoresis.
- 10. The smaller the flocculation value greater will be precipitation.
- 11. The precipitation power of electrolyte is determined by finding the minimum concentration(mill moles/lit) is required to cause precipitation of solution in 2 hours such value is called as Flocculation value
- 12. The coagulating power of an ion depend Both magnitude and sign of the charge on the ion.
- 13. Correct match is Pure nitrogen – sodium azide (or) Barium azide
- 14. Haber Process – Ammonia
- 15. Contact process – Sulphuric acid
- 16. Deacons process – Chlorine
- 17. V2O5 – H2SO4,
- 18. Zeigler-Natta catalyst – High density polyethylene
- 19. Peroxide – PAN
- 20. Finely divided Fe – NH3
- 21. If x is the amount of adsorbate and m is the amount of adsorbent. Which of the following relation is not related to adsorption process? X / m = PT
- 22. Adsorption of a gas on solid metal surface is spontaneous and exothermic, then ∆S decreases
- 23. Hydrolysis of sucrose in presence of dil.HCl. is an example for homogeneous catalysis.
- 24. Colloid on is a 4% solution of which one of the following compounds in alcohol – ether mixture? Nitrocellulose
- 25. The phenomenon observed when a beam of light is passed through a colloidal solution is Tyndall effect.
- 26. CH3-(CH2)15-NH3 is not acts as surfactant.
- 27. The most effective electrolyte for the coagulation of As2S3 Sol. Is Al2(SO4)3
- 𝟐𝟖. ∆G, ∆H, and ∆S all are negative this characteristics are associated with adsorption.
- 29. increases with increase in temperature is incorrect statement for physisorption?.
- 30. For Freundlich isotherm a graph of log x/m is plotted against log P. the slope of the line and the Y – axis intercept respectively correspond to 1/n logK
- 31. Fog is a colloidal solution of liquid in gas
- 32. Coagulation power of Al3+ is more than Na+ (Assertion), Greater the valency of the flocculating ion added, greater is its power to cause precipitation. (Reason). Ans. If both assertion and reason are true and reason is the correct explanation of assertion
- 33. Statement: To stop bleeding from an injury, ferric chloride can be applied. Which statement is justified? Ans. It is true Fe3+ ions coagulate blood which is a negatively charged solution.
- 34. Permutit is employed for this process which adsorbs Ca2+ & Mg2+ ion in its surface.
- 35. Sugar prepared from molasses is decolorized to remove coloured impurities by adding animal charcoal which acts as a decolorizing material.
- 36. Ion exchange resins are used to demineralize water.
- 37. in the hydrogenation of oils to obtain vanaspathi Nickel used as catalyst. Nickel surface the catalyses the reaction.
- 38. In hydrolysis of cane sugar and ester hydrolysis reaction mineral acid act as catalyst
- 39. Zeolites are micro porous, crystalline, hydrated alumino silicates made of Silicon and aluminum tetrahedron.
- 40. Pumice stone is the colloidal solution of Solid foam
- 41. Pearls, opals is the colloidal solution of Solid solution
- 42. Gold number is a measure of protecting power of colloid.
- 43. Sound waves of frequency more than 20 KHz could cause transformation of coarse suspension to colloidal dimensions.
- 44. Mayonnaise is the colloidal solution of Emulsion
- 45. Aerosol spray is the colloidal solution of Liquid Aerosol