12th Chemistry 1 Marks Carbonyl compounds and carboxylic acid
One Mark Study Material Unit wise as per reduced syllabus (2021-22)
TN 12th Chemistry 1 Marks Carbonyl compounds and carboxylic acid. 12th Chemistry Important Questions Chapter 12. +2 Chemistry Important 2 Marks, 3 Marks, 5 Marks Questions Based on reduced Syllabus 2021-2022. 12th Free Online Test (MCQs). HSC 12th Chemistry Revision Test Important Questions. 12th Tamil Full Guide.
Carbonyl compounds and carboxylic acid:
- 1. The general order of reactivity of carbonyl compounds towards nucleophile addition reaction is HCHO > CH3CHO > C6H5CHO > CH3COCH3 > C6H5COCH3
- 2. But – 2 ene on ozonolysis followed by subsequent cleavage with Zn and water gives
- 3. Banana ester had the flavor is Amyl acetate
- 4. Orange ester had the flavor is Octyl acetate
- 5. Pineapple ester had the flavor is Ethyl butyrate
- 6. Apricot ester had the flavor is Amyl butyrate
- 7. Write the IUPAC name of C6H4(CH3)-CHO is 4 – methyl Benz aldehyde
- 8. Write the IUPAC name of (CH3)2-C-(OH)-CH2-CHO is 3 – hydroxyl -3-methyl but anal
- 9. Write the IUPAC name of (CH3)2-C=CHCOCH3 4-methyl pent-3-en-2-one
- 10. An alkene “A” on reaction with ozone and Zn – H2O gives propanone and ethanol in equimolar ratio. Addition of HCl to alkene “A” gives “B” as the major product. The structure of product “B” is CH3-CH2-C(Cl)-(CH3)2
- 11. Cannizaro reaction is an example of disproportionation reaction.
- 12. In Wolf – Kishner reduction reaction new carbon – carbon bond is formed.
- 13. Phenyl methanol is reacted with concentrated NaOH to give two products X and Y . X reacts with metallic sodium to liberate hydrogen X and Y are is phenyl methanol and sodium benzoate
- 14. Fehling’s solution is the reagent used to distinguish between acetaldehyde and Benz aldehyde.
- 15. Phenyl methanol undergoes reaction with 50% NaOH solution to give corresponding alcohol and acid.
- 16. P –N,N – dimethyl amino Benz aldehyde undergoes benzoin condensation (Assertion), The aldehyde group is meta directing (reason) Ans. If both assertion and reason are true but reason is not the correct explanation of assertion
- 17. The IUPAC name of CH2=CH-CH2-C=O-OH but – 3-enoic acid
- 18. Formic acid is reduces tollen’s reagent.
- 19. CH3Br + KCN → A + H3O+ → B + PCl5 → C the product C is acetyl chloride
- 20. Ethanoic acid + P/Br2 → 2-bromoethanoic acid. This reaction is called as Hell- volhard-Zelinsky reaction.(HVZ)
- 21. Benzoic acid + NH3 / heat → A + NaOBr → B + NaNO2/HCl → C “C” is Benzene diazonium chloride
- 22. The correct order of acidity in the given compounds is FCH2COOH > CH3COOH > BrCH2COOH > ClCH2COOH
- 23. 2,2-dimethyl propanoic acid dose not give HVZ reaction. (Assertion) 2-2, dimethyl propanoic acid does not have – hydrogen atom (reason) Ans. If both assertion and reason are true and reason is the correct explanation of assertion.
- 24. The formation of cyanohydrin from acetone is an example nucleophilic addition
- 25. Reaction of acetone with one of the following reagents involves nucleophile addition followed by elimination of water. Hydrazine in presence of slightly acidic solution
- 26. In the following reaction HC≡CH + H2SO4/ HgSO4→ X will not give “X” in Victor Meyer test
- 27. CH2=CH2 + O3 + Zn/H2O → X + NH3 → Y ? Y is hexamethylenetetramine
- 28. 40% aqueous solution of formaldehyde is called as formalin
- 29. Two molecules of –CHO (or) –CO- in the presence of dilute base having 𝛼-hydrogen add together to give 𝛽- hydroxyl aldehyde(aldol) such reaction is called as Aldol condensation
- 30. If two different aldehydes or ketones or between one aldehyde and one ketone such condensation is called as crossed or mixed aldol condensation
- 31. In clemmensen reduction (-CHO (or) –CO- ) Zn/Hg and Con.HCl reagent is used to give hydrocarbons.
- 32. In wolf-kishner reduction of (-CHO (or) –CO- ) NH2-NH2/C2H5ONa reagent is used to give hydrocarbons.
- 33. Toluene give Benz aldehyde in this reaction chromyl chloride act as oxidizing agent such reaction is called as Etard reaction
- 34. When alkyl cyanide are reduced using SnCl2/HCl imines are formed which on hydrolysis gives corresponding (-CHO) such reaction is called as Stephen’s reaction
- 35. Aldehydes can be prepared by the hydrogenation of acid chloride in the presence of Pd/BaSO4 this reaction is called as Rosenmund reduction
- 36. When an aromatic aldehyde is heated with an aliphatic acid anhydride in the presence of the sodium salt of the acid corresponding to anhydride condensation takes place and an 𝛼, 𝛽 unsaturated acid is obtained such reaction is called as
- 37. In the presence of concentrated aqueous or alcoholic alkali aldehydes which do not have 𝛼- hydrogen atom under of self-oxidation and reduction to give mixture of alcohol and a salt of carboxylic acid such reaction is called as Cannizaro reaction
- 38. Benz aldehyde condenses with malonic acid in presence of pyridine forming cinnamic acid, pyridine act as the basic catalyst. Such reaction is called Knoevenagal reaction
- 39. Write the IUPAC name of HOOC-(CH2)4-COOH Hexane 1,6 –dioic acid
- 40. Pure acetic acid is called as Glacial acetic acid
- 41. The product formed by the reaction of an aldehyde with a primary amine is Schiff’s base
- 42. Reaction of a carbonyl compound with one of the following reagents involves nucleophilic addition followed by the elimination of water. The reagent is hydrazine in presence of feebly acidic solution.
- 43. Aldol condensation will not take place in HCHO (formaldehyde)
- 44. The oxidation of benzene by V2O5 in the presence of air produces maleic anhydride.
- 45. Iodoform test is not given by 3-pentanone
- 46. CH2CLCOOH is the strongest carboxylic acid.
- 47. 6HCHO + 4 NH3 → (CH2)6N4 (Hex methylene tetra mine) (Urotropine) + 6H2O
- 48. Formalin is an aqueous solution of formaldehyde
- 49. The no. of. Carbon atom does not remain same when carboxylic acid is obtained by oxidation is CH3COCH3 (acetone)
- 50. Acetaldehyde reacts with only nucleophiles